Becoming Part of the Family
At Dental Depot we're not just a team, we're family. You will be welcomed into a team oriented, non-corporate, family style atmosphere.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities
As a dental assistant, you'll be responsible for educating patients on habits important to good hygiene, such as brushing, flossing and adhering to a healthy diet. You'll fill cavities, inspect for tooth decay, apply sealants, improve alignment of teeth and repair broken teeth. It's also possible that you'll assist with the surgery to treat gum disease or extract teeth
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist Dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records. Chart existing and proposed treatment in Easglesoft.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays. Is responsible for x-ray sensor care and guidelines.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist Dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist. Dismiss patients with proper hand offs to
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pour, trim, and polish study casts and prepare whitening trays.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
A career at Dental Depot will give you a number of distinct advantages. You’ll be in a unique position to get the necessary reps you need to fine-tune your skills.
Dental Assistant Benefits
- Health, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Benefits, Including Orthodontics
- Scrubs Provided
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
*Benefits could vary based on full or part-time employment.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Completion of Dental Assisting Program or minimum one year experience as a
Computer Skills: Efficiently operates assigned computer software and other equipment, including Eaglesoft and Microsoft Office Suite.
Certifications & Licenses: Current Oklahoma Dental Assisting Permit Required. *Plus Expanded Function of Ration Safety & Coronal Polishing upon eligibility.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid driver's license, proof of valid vehicle insurance and must have annual Motor Vehicle Record Check, as a condition of employment if employee operates any Company owned vehicles or drives their own personal vehicle for Company business purposes.
Understands HIPAA to ensure patient privacy. Clear understanding of sterilization system and infection control. Always use protective personal equipment according to State of Oklahoma and Federal guidelines. Knowledgeable of CDT codes and passed the Dental Depot CDT test within 20 days of employment. Working knowledge of the following
procedures: Amalgam and composite fillings, extractions, start and finish root canal, crown prep, impression and temporary crown fabrication, alginate and System 1 and 2 impressions, adjusting and crown delivery, pulpotomy and stainless steel crown, prophylaxis, wax try in, adjusting and delivery flexible and cast metal partials, adjusting and delivering dentures.
Must have signed the Hepatitis B Vaccination Form declining or accepting the vaccination within 30 days of Employment.