Becoming Part of the Family
At Dental Depot we're not just a team, we're family. You will be welcomed into a team oriented, non-corporate, family style atmosphere.
Office personnel Perform all business office duties including standing and greeting patients, checking patients in and out through ES, answering multi line telephone with Scheduling Institute dialog, scheduling and confirming appointments via telephone or internet and compiling and recording patient charts and correspondence. Build positive relationships with patients by efficiently, effectively, and courteously communicating information.
Working directly with doctors, and administrative and clinical staff, this position ensures that all aspects of
the practice operate fluidly and effectively. This position is responsible for establishing the highest level of
patient care and satisfaction, including resolving patient complaints. Oversees the daily management of
the practice, including the planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating of all administrative and
clinical tasks and resource allocation. Creates an environment that highlights the talents of the staff to see
that patients receive the highest standard of dental care.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff using the Scheduling Institute dialog.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, label making software, copier printer and scanner.
- Maintain medical records and correspondence files.
- Stand and greet patients, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence.
- Consult with medical, business, and community groups to discuss service problems, respond to
community needs, enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans, and promote health
- Constantly debriefs Directors on practice business, including administrative and clinical updates, to
ensure continuing operational growth and improvement.
- Manages and oversees daily office operations, including doctors and administrative and clinical staff,
patient interactions, scheduling, and short-term office planning.
- Determines work schedules and work assignments for doctors, and administrative and clinical
- Develops and spearheads the practice, providing employees with constructive feedback to improve
individual and team morale.
- Provides written and oral instruction or feedback to employees to enhance employee relations.
- Creates an environment conducive to achieving practice performance goals.
- Assists in the development of administrative and clinical training materials and programs.
- Conducts yearly performance evaluations for doctors, and administrative and clinical staff.
- Monitors daily, weekly, and monthly employee performance, giving positive feedback and
administering disciplinary action or employee terminations following company protocol.
- Prepares and delivers timely administration of all paperwork and reports.
- Plans and continuously monitors and updates office budget with a focus on staffing and resource
- Liaison to Maintenance Department, ensuring office fixtures, furnishing, grounds and attendant
repairs to such are timely reported and performed, and adequate administrative and clinical supplies
are on site.
- Ensures office compliance with licensing laws, health, safety and other statutory regulations.
- Supports the Dental Depot mission statement by providing a positive example for staff.
- Communicates respectfully and courteously with patients, vendors, and employees.
- Proficiently uses conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques to manage interpersonal office
conflict and patient complaints.
- Increases knowledge and skills through self-study and other education.
- Completes annual education and/or licensing requirements if applicable.
- Maintains dependable job attendance and can be relied on to follow through with assigned tasks.
- Complies with: Dental Depot policies and procedures; OSHA policies, procedures, rules, and
regulations; and HIPAA policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Position may be required to relocate to other Dental Depot clinics either permanently or on a short
term basis due to office needs, on an as needed basis at the discretion of Management.
- This position may complete other Administrative and Maintenance tasks as assigned by Management.
A career at Dental Depot will give you a number of distinct advantages. You’ll be in a unique position to not only get the necessary reps you need to fine-tune your skills, but you’ll also learn the business side of running a successful practice. Plus, our collaborative environment allows you to participate in challenging patient care decisions, day one.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: No prior experience necessary for Office Assistants. * 3 plus years of experience in Dental Office Management
Computer Skills: Efficiently operates assigned computer software and other equipment, including Eaglesoft and Microsoft Office Suite.